AUSTRALIAN DUCK BREASTS SKIN-ON BONELESS FILLETS (2 PIECES, 360G)
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 22 mins
- AUSTRALIAN DUCK BREASTS SKIN-ON BONELESS FILLETS (2 PIECES, 360G)
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- Score the fat of the chilled breasts with a sharp knife into a 1/2" hatch being careful not to pierce the meat.
- Pat dry and season well with Kosher Salt and pepper. Rub the seasoning into the skin.
- Drizzle a thin layer of canola oil into a cold heavy carbon steel or cast iron skillet, then place the breasts fat side down and turn the heat on to medium. Press the breasts down so the skin fully makes contact with the pan.
- Render the fat render for about 20 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and most of the fat is rendered off.
- Turn the heat down to low and carefully turn the breasts over to finish cooking on the flesh side. Immediately sprinkle a little more salt on the hot skin.
- Cook on the flesh side for 2 to 5 minutes, depending on the size of your duck breasts. Until the internal temperature reaches 125° to 130°F for medium-rare.
- Remove from the skillet and rest skin side up uncovered for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Cook 80% on the skin side and finish on the flesh side for just a few minutes.
- Cook times depend on the size of the duck breasts.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Justin McChesney-Wachs from Salt Pepper Skillet for the recipe, link is https://saltpepperskillet.com/recipes/duck-breasts/
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Premium Quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.