Preparation Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 60 mins Serving: 4
- 500g pork collar slices
- 500g king salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch strips
- 8 ounces silken tofu
- 1 cup cut sweet frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Hondashi
- 4 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 scallions, white and green parts finely chopped
- 5 leaves napa cabbage, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 ounces enoki mushrooms
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
For the broth:
- In a shallow, large pot (one that can hold about 5 quarts), pour in your water & add in the Hondashi, stirring together over medium-high heat.
- Then, in a small bowl, whisk together the white miso paste &a small amount of 2. the water from the pot until the miso fully dissolves in the liquid. Add the miso liquid to the pot, as well as the toasted sesame oil &soy sauce. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the broth to a boil & lower the heat to medium-low to simmer.
For the vegetables:
- Carefully add the chopped potatoes & chopped scallions to the broth. Cover the pot with its lid &cook for about 15 minutes.
- When the 15 minutes are up, carefully add the napa cabbage, enoki &shiitake mushrooms to the broth. Cover the pot again & allow the broth to cook for another 10 minutes.
For the pork, salmon and corn:
- Uncover the pot & carefully add the pork belly & salmon pieces to the broth.
- With a spoon, add the silken tofu to the broth by the spoonful, however big or small you want the pieces to be.
- Allow the proteins to cook for another 5 to 7 minutes, or until the salmon & pork belly are just cooked through (try not to overcook the meats, or they will be tough; feel free to skim off any scum that might rise to the top of the broth).
- Once the pork & salmon are cooked, add in the frozen corn & butter.
- Gently give the broth a stir to distribute the corn & allow the butter to melt (feel free to add another tablespoon if you'd like more). Turn off the heat.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.