Buy Product(s): Spanish Duroc Pork Chops French Cut
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 2 to 4 centre cut, bone-in pork chops (3/4-inch to 1-inch thick, about 1 pound each)
- Olive oil
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F. Place a large oven-safe skillet in the oven to heat as well. While the oven heats, prepare the pork chops.
- Remove the chops from their packaging. Pat dry with paper towels. Rub both sides with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Set the chops aside while the oven finishes heating.
- Using oven mitts, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven and set it over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Turn on a vent fan or open a window.
- Place the pork chops in the hot skillet. You should hear them immediately begin to sizzle. Sear until the bottom of the chops is golden-brown, about 3 minutes. The chops may start to smoke a little — that's ok. Turn down the heat if it becomes excessive.
- Use tongs to flip the pork chops. Using oven mitts, immediately place the skillet in the oven.
- Roast the chops until cooked through. Roast until the pork chops are cooked through and register 140°F to 145°F in the thickest part of the meat with an instant-read thermometer. Cooking time will be 6 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the chops, how cool they were at the start of cooking, and whether they were brined. Start checking the chops at 6 minutes and continue checking every minute or two until the chops are ready.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Island Vibe Cooking for the recipe link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XW_rsFfZEA&feature=youtu.be
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Michelin Star-quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.