How to prepare Pork Loin Steaks in Creamy Shallot and Mushrooms Sauce?
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 4 pork loin steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2-3 large field mushrooms or portobello mushrooms chopped
- 2 rosemary sprigs chopped
- a splash of cognac or brandy optional
- 1 tbsp flour if you using cream instead of creme fraiche
- 80ml/1/4 cup stock pork or chicken
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 200 g / ⅔ cup creme fraiche or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub your pork loin steaks with some sea salt.
- In a cast iron pan or a stainless steel pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil and brown your pork loin steaks for no longer than 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the pork to a separate plate and set aside.
- To the same pan add shallots and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning for 3 minutes, than add mushroom and chopped rosemary and cook for 5 more minutes.
- When shallot and mushroom juices evaporate and the pan is dry, hit it with a shot of cognac while scraping the burnt bits with a wooden spoon. Then sprinkle with flour and stir to combine.( Skip the flour if using creme fraiche for the sauce.)
- Add stock, whole grain mustard, creme fraiche and stir to combine.
- Return pork loin steaks to the pan, bring to a boil and let it simmer for 2 minutes longer and take the pan off the heat. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy with rice or potatoes.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Julia Frey of Vikalinka from vikalinka.com for the recipe, link is https://vikalinka.com/pork-loin-steaks-in-creamy-shallot-and-mushrooms-sauce/