How to prepare Pork Tempura?
Buy Product(s): EU HORMONE FREE PORK LOIN STEAKS (10OZ|283G, ~2CM THICKNESS)
EU HORMONE FREE PORK COLLAR | SHOULDER RINDLESS STEAK (250G, ~2CM THICKNESS)
SPANISH DUROC PORK COLLAR (SHOULDER) STEAKS (250G|350G, ~2CM|2.5CM THICKNESS)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 500g pork shoulder or loin
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 3/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 piece of egg beaten
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of grated radish
- 1/2 cup of fish broth
- 1/8 cup of rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- Marinate the pork with salt & pepper for about 20 minutes.
- Mix the flour & cornstarch in bowl.
- Heat 2 cups of oil in a pan in about 150-160C.
- Put a thin coating with the mixture of flour on the both side of the pork steak and dip in the beaten egg.
- Roll in bread crumbs and deep fry until golden brown in about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack or plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil. Let it rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Put all the sauce ingredients in pan and cook for 4 minutes. Let it rest for few minutes.
- Best to serve separately and pour the sauce when eat to avoid softening the tempura coat.