Buy Product(s): NZ Premium Grassfed Bone In Lamb Leg Roast
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- 5kg - 5.5lb leg of lamb (with bone)
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 12 anchovies
- 3 onions
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tbsp. Black currant jelly
- 30g - 1oz butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Pour a little olive oil over the meat and rub using hands to cover all over. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a roasting pan on high heat with a little olive oil. Add the meat and sear it all around, you may need to hold in place for a minute or so.
- Break up the rosemary into 12 pieces approx. 2cm – 1 inch long.
- Peel garlic cloves and cut each clove lengthwise into four pieces.
- Pierce 12 holes into the meat and insert in each hole using your fingers, one anchovy, one piece of garlic and one piece of rosemary. Insert quite deeply.
- Peel and slice the onions and add them to the same roasting pan with 3 cups of water.
- Position the roasting rack into the pan and place the lamb on the rack.
- Roast in a convection oven for 80 min at 300°F – 150°C. Approx 16 minutes per 500g or per pound. Use a meat thermometer for better accuracy.
- Once cooked, remove rack and leave to rest 30 minutes covered in foil and a few kitchen towels.
- Put back the same roasting pan with onions on high heat and add the white wine, beef stock and black currant jelly. Leave to simmer.
- In a pot, melt the butter and once melted add the flour, continue cooking until a light nutty brown colour. Add contents to roasting pan to thicken the gravy. Taste and finish seasoning with salt and pepper. Pass through a fine strainer and serve.
- Once the lamb has rested, carve thin slices and serve immediately.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Recipe 30 for the recipe link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ObrCrHGsxA&feature=youtu.be
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Michelin Star-quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.