How to prepare Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Garlic?
EUROPEAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS (900G)
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 1 pint brussels sprouts (about a pound)
- 4 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to coat bottom of pan
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Trim bottom of brussels sprouts, and slice each in half top to bottom. Heat oil in cast-iron pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers; put sprouts cut side down in one layer in pan. Put in garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook, undisturbed, until sprouts begin to brown on bottom, and transfer to oven. Roast, shaking pan every 5 minutes, until sprouts are quite brown and tender, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Taste, and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Stir in balsamic vinegar, and serve hot or warm.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Mark Bittman from NYTimes.com Cooking for the recipe, link is https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1890-roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-garlic