HOW TO PREPARE SAUTEED BRUSSELS SPROUTS?
Buy Product(s): EUROPEAN BRUSSELS SPROUTS (900G)
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raw pine nuts or chopped raw walnuts, almonds, or pecans (optional)
- Chopped fresh herbs like parsley cilantro or mint (optional)
- A handful of Parmesan feta, or goat cheese (optional)
- Heat a large cast iron or similar sturdy bottomed skillet over medium high for 4 minutes. Add the oil. As soon as the oil is hot and shining (but before it starts smoking), swirl to cost the pan, then add the halved Brussels sprouts. Shake the skillet a little and prod them so that as many as possible are cut-side down. Let sit completely undisturbed for 5 to 8 minutes, until they develop a dark, tasty, caramelized sear.
- Add the salt and pepper. With a wooden spoon or spatula, stir the Brussels sprouts. Continue cooking, stirring every few minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are browned all over and just turning tender the inside, about 6 to 8 additional minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the vinegar, then the pine nuts or almonds. Let the residual heat of the skillet toast the nuts, stirring them very often so that they toast evenly on all sides and do not burn (if they aren’t toasting, return the skillet to low heat). As soon as the nuts are toasted, transfer the sprouts to a serving plate and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Enjoy hot.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Erin Clarke for the recipe link is https://www.wellplated.com/sauteed-brussels-sprouts/