How to prepare Slow-baked Chicken Drumsticks?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hr 35 mins
8 chicken drumsticks
1/4 cup olive oil
2 large fennel bulbs, trimmed, cut into wedges
700g Kipfler potatoes halved on the diagonal
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
250g cherry truss tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced.
2. Season drumsticks. Heat 2 tablespoons oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned.
3. Meanwhile, place fennel, potatoes and onion on a large oven tray. Drizzle with remaining oil. Season and toss to coat. Squeeze lemon wedges and add to the tray. Nestle chicken amongst vegetables.
4. Add Massel Liquid Stock Chicken Style to the frying pan and scrape base to dislodge any brown bits. Pour over vegetables. Bake for 1 hour, basting chicken and vegetables halfway through.
5. Increase oven to 220C or 200C fan-forced. Add tomatoes and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank taste.com.au for the recipe link is https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/slow-baked-chicken-drumsticks/fb80c954-6b72-4f38-b3d3-8a7c741528bf