HOW TO PREPARE SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE?
NZ PREMIUM GRASS FED SUPER LEAN BEEF MINCE (~85% VL, 500G)
Preparation Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 40 mins / Serving: 4/6
1 X 500g NZ PREMIUM GRASS FED SUPER LEAN BEEF MINCE (~85% VL, 500G)
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 carrot, peeled, finely grated
1 courgette, trimmed, finely grated
1 red pepper, deseeded, thinly sliced
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 tsp dried oregano or dried mixed herbs
1 beef stock cube
1 bay leaf
300g/10½oz dried spaghetti
freshly ground black pepper
Optional: Use Mixed Frozen Vegetables
grated Parmesan cheese, or similar hard Italian cheese
1. Put the vegetables in a large saucepan & cover with 500ml/18fl oz water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the onion & pepper are very soft. Remove from the heat and set aside and keep warm.
2. Heat a separate, non-stick, lidded saucepan over a medium heat. Dry-fry the beef mince for 3-5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any large clumps, until lightly browned on the outside.
3. Add the puréed vegetables (or use Frozen Mixed Vegetables), chopped tomatoes, tomato purée & dried herbs to the pan, stirring well to combine. Crumble over the stock cube & add the bay leaf. Season with pepper & stir again.
4. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat until it is simmering. Half-cover the pan with the lid & continue to simmer gently for 25-30 minutes, stirring the sauce more & more regularly as it thickens.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente.
6. Divide the spaghetti between bowls and top with the Bolognese. Season with black pepper and Parmesan