How to Prepare Oven Fried Orange Roughy?
Buy Product(s): Wild Catch NZ Orange Roughy Fillet Boneless and Skin-Off
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1 1/2 pound Wild Catch NZ Orange Roughy Fillet Boneless and Skin-Off, or Ocean Catch US Black Cod Steak Skin-On, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil or dill
- Cut orange roughy fillets into serving-size pieces.
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, combine flour, salt, and lemon pepper; set aside. Beat egg white until frothy.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, lemon peel, and basil. Dip top of fish fillets into flour mixture, shaking off any excess, then dip into egg white, then coat fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray coating. Place fillets in baking pan coating side up, tucking under any thin edges.
- Bake orange roughy at 450 degrees F for 6 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank cdkitchen for the recipe link https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/43/Oven_Fried_Orange_Roughy54567.shtml