Sichuan Crispy Beef
The beef is first dry fried to offer it a crispy and chewy texture. Then it is cooked in a Szechuan style with carrots or celery in chili paste.
- 1 pound beef (flank or sirloin steak is good)
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 scallions (white parts only)
- 1 tablespoon sweet bean sauce (or substitute)
- 3 teaspoons chili paste (or chili sauce, as needed)
- 7 1/2 tablespoons oil (for stir-frying)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted Szechuan peppercorns
Please click the above 'Get 50 recipes' button and get the instructions for this recipe and get all 50 recipes free in one pdf.