HOW TO PREPARE AIR FRYER HOKI FISH FILLETS!
OCEAN CATCH NEW ZEALAND HOKI BONELESS AND SKINLESS FILLETS (4 PIECES/PACK, 440G)
Preparation Time: 3 mins / Cook Time: 15 mins / Serving: 4
1 x OCEAN CATCH NEW ZEALAND HOKI BONELESS AND SKINLESS FILLETS (4 PIECES/PACK, 440G)
2 teaspoons avocado oil or oil spray
1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
1/4 teaspoon fine herbs seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
a drizzle of lemon juice
lemon wedges for serving
1. Rinse the frozen fish under cold water, then pat them dry & place them on a large plate.
2. Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. While you wait for the air fryer to heat, mix the salt, fine herbs, garlic powder, & pepper in a small bowl.
4. Lightly spray the fish with oil or rub the oil into it (on both sides). Then sprinkle the spice mixture onto the fish - on both sides. Drizzle a little bit of lemon juice on each fillet as well.
5. When the air fryer is hot, add the frozen fish fillets into the air fryer tray. There should not be any overlap of the fillets.
6. Cook the fillets for 12-17 minutes until fully cooked. The fillets are cooked when they are flaky - you can test this with a fork. If your fish fillet is pretty thin, there is no need to flip it during cooking. However, if your fillet is thicker, flip it after around 8 minutes of cooking. Make sure that the fish is cooked but not overcooked because then the fish will be rubbery. Cook times can vary depending on the thickness of the fillets & your air fryer so use them as guidelines only!
7. Once the fish is cooked, remove the fillets from the air fryer & serve them with lemon wedges.
If you have big (long) fish fillets, cut them in half so that they easily fit in the air fryer. Our fish fillets were also on the smaller side. If yours are a lot bigger, you might need a little bit more spices to cover all the fish.
If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
If cooking in multiple batches & not pre-heating before first batch, the first batch will take longer to cook.
Preheating the Air Fryer is preferable. If you don’t preheat, add more time to the cooking.
Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.