NZ PREMIUM GRASSFED LAMB SHOULDER, ROAST TIED BONELESS
Preparation Time: 20 mins / Cook Time: 120 mins / Serving: 4/6
1 NZ PREMIUM GRASSFED LAMB SHOULDER, ROAST TIED BONELESS
1 tbsp coriander seeds
½ tbsp cumin seeds
½ tbsp fennel seeds
5 fat garlic cloves, crushed
Thumb-size piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
Finely grated zest of 2 oranges
2 tbsp dried thyme
2 tsp flaked sea salt
1½ tsp ground black pepper
1. For this dish, you’ll need enough lit charcoal or gas to keep burning steadily for at least 2 hours.
2. Toast the seeds in a small, dry frying pan, swirling them often over a medium heat (on the barbecue grill or the hob), until fragrant. Tip into a pestle & mortar or spice grinder & work to a medium-fine powder. Add the garlic, grated ginger & any ginger juice, the orange zest, thyme & seasoning, then make into a paste.
3. Smear the paste generously over the lamb.
4. Grill the lamb on the hot barbecue for 3 minutes on each side until well coloured but not burnt. If flames flare up from the dripping fat, gently move the lamb away from them. Transfer the lamb to a baking tray lined with a double layer of foil. Pour in a glass of water & loosely scrunch another double layer of foil over the top of the lamb. Put the tray on the barbecue grill, then shut the lid, making sure to keep the temperature between 180-200°C. Cook the lamb for 2 hours. Check it every half hour – if it appears to be burning or the juices in the tray seem to be boiling away, & more water.
5. About 15 minutes before the lamb is ready, remove the covering foil & shut the lid again. When cooked, rest the lamb on a plate, covered with foil, for 15 minutes or so. Serve the lamb with the juices poured over.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Premium Quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.