Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins
- 1 kg Korean-style beef short ribs, cut across the bone (see Note)
- Toasted white sesame seeds, chopped spring onion, perilla leaves, kimchi and gochujang, to serve
- 1 nashi pear, grated
- 60 ml(¼ cup) soy sauce
- 1garlic clove, crushed
- 2spring onions, finely chopped, plus extra, to serve
- 1onion, grated
- 3 cm piece of ginger, grated
- 60 ml(¼ cup) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- To make the marinade, combine all ingredients in a large non-reactive bowl. Add ribs and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove ribs from marinade, discarding excess marinade. Heat a barbecue or chargrill pan to high heat. Season ribs with salt and cook, turning halfway, for 4 minutes or until just cooked.
- Scatter with sesame seeds and spring onions and serve with perilla leaves, kimchi and gochujang, to eat as wraps.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank SBS Food for the recipe link is https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/barbecued-beef-ribs-galbi