Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30/35 mins
Serving: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 400gm strip loin steaks
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup finely grated onion
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrot
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons mirin (rice wine)
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Use large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil. Season the steaks with salt & pepper. Cook 2 of the steaks over moderately high heat, turn once, until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes less if you prefer your steak medium or rare. Take steaks out & rest, repeat with the remaining 2 steaks. Put all 4 steaks into the skillet and roast for about 8 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer registers 125° for medium-rare. Remove & rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of juices from the pan. Add the garlic & cook over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients & cook, stirring, until the sauce reduced & thickened, about 2 minutes. Thinly slice the steaks against the grain, top with the sauce & serve.
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.