How to Prepare Black Angus Striploin Steak with Fennel and Tomatoes?
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30/35 mins
Serving: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Four 400gm strip loin steaks
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup finely grated onion
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrot
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons mirin (rice wine)
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Use large cast-iron skillet, heat the oil. Season the steaks with salt & pepper. Cook 2 of the steaks over moderately high heat, turn once, until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes less if you prefer your steak medium or rare. Take steaks out & rest, repeat with the remaining 2 steaks. Put all 4 steaks into the skillet and roast for about 8 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer registers 125° for medium-rare. Remove & rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of juices from the pan. Add the garlic & cook over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients & cook, stirring, until the sauce reduced & thickened, about 2 minutes. Thinly slice the steaks against the grain, top with the sauce & serve.