HOW TO PREPARE BUTTER-BASTED WAGYU RIBEYE STEAK WITH MUSHROOMS AND RED WINE SAUCE!
AUSTRALIAN WAGYU RIBEYE STEAK (MARBLE SCORE 7, ~1.5CM|2CM THICKNESS, 250G) | NEW
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook: 10 mins / Serving: 2
2 x AUSTRALIAN WAGYU RIBEYE STEAK (MARBLE SCORE 7, ~1.5CM|2CM THICKNESS, 250G) | NEW
Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons Canola or vegetable oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2-3 sprigs thyme (and couple more for garnish)
2 garlic cloves, unpeeled & crushed
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup red wine
a splash of heavy cream
1. Dry the room-temp steak and season it generously with kosher salt.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil, once the oil is hot, carefully place the steak in the pan. Cook the first side for about 2 minutes, until you get the golden brown crust.
3. Turn the steak & cook the other side for about another 2 minutes.
4. Add crushed garlic, thyme & butter.
5. Tilt pan toward you so that butter pools on one side, & use a large spoon to continually baste steak with butter. Continue until butter is no longer bubbling & is beginning to brown, about 1 minute. Transfer meat to a cutting board & let rest 5-10 minutes. Note: Depending on thickness for medium-rare, your steak should reach an internal temperature of 125°–130°. Keep in mind, the meat will continue cooking while resting.
6. Discard the thyme & garlic. Add the mushrooms. Cook them in the pan sauce.
7. Add the red wine & a splash of heavy cream. Taste & see if it needs more salt and pepper.
8. Spoon the mushrooms & red wine sauce over the Wagyu Ribeye.
9. Serve with your favourite selection of side dishes