NZ PREMIUM GRASS-FED STRIPLOIN ROAST
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr 30 mins
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 6 cups frozen potato tots, from a 32-ounce bag (about 28 ounces)
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced deli corned beef, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 dashes hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with oil. Fill the bottom of the dish with one layer of the potatoes (about 4 cups). Drizzle the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Bake until hot and crisp, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and red and green peppers. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened and started to brown, about 6 minutes. Add the corned beef, and cook for 2 minutes more. Let cool.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the Cheddar over the potatoes in the casserole dish. Layer the vegetable-beef mixture over the Cheddar. Pour the egg mixture into the dish and top with the remaining cup of Cheddar. (The casserole can be assembled up to this point and refrigerated overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Top the casserole with the remaining potatoes (about 2 cups). Bake until the egg mixture is set and the top is lightly golden brown, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving warm or at room temperature.
Posted by Aussie Meat and we thank Food Network Kitchen for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/corned-beef-hash-brown-casserole-3363327
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Michelin Star-quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.