OCEAN CATCH COOKED BLUE SWIMMING CRAB MEAT
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 (9-inch) pastry shell (partially baked*)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots (minced)
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese (shredded/divided)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper or hot pepper sauce
- Dash nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley (minced)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and position the rack in the center of the oven.
- Line the pie plate with the chilled and rolled out dough and line with parchment paper or foil. Fill with pie weights or dried beans at least two-thirds full.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until just barely showing some color. Carefully remove the paper or foil and weights and return the crust to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until it is just lightly browned. Remove it from the oven and let it cool while you prepare the filling. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Saute the minced shallots until tender, about 2 minutes. Combine the shallots with the crabmeat and flour; set aside.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the cheese in the prepared pie shell, then top with the shallot and crab mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup of cheese.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and parsley until well blended. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Posted by Aussie Meat and we thank Diana Rattray for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.thespruceeats.com/crab-quiche-3060063
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Premium Quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.