Buy Product(s): Ocean Catch Cooked Blue Swimming Crab Meat
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 6 cups lower-salt chicken broth
- 4 oz. canned whole baby corn, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 Tbs. finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 oz. crabmeat, preferably jumbo lump, picked over (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1-1/2 tsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 3 scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce, such as Sriracha (optional)
- In a 5-quart pot, bring the broth, baby corn, and ginger to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and cornstarch; add it to the pot and cook, stirring, until bubbly and thickened slightly about 5 minutes. Pour the eggs into the pot in a slow, steady stream and cook without stirring until egg strands float to the surface, about 1 minute.
- Add the crab, peas, vinegar, and 1/8 tsp. white pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 4 minutes. Break up any large pieces of egg, if necessary. Serve the soup garnished with the scallions and a little hot sauce if you like.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Fine Cooking for the recipe link https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/egg-drop-soup-crab-baby-corn-peas