How to prepare Garlic and Herb Crusted Lamb Chops?
Buy Product(s): NZ Premium Grassfed 2 Lamb Racks Cap Off Frenched
Preparation Time: 6 hrs
Cooking Time: 8 mins
- 2 lbs. lamb rib chops 8 counts, cut from a rack of Frenched lamb ribs
- 5 plump garlic cloves pressed
- 4 tbsp. olive oil divided
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley plus more for garnish (or use 2 tsp dried parsley)
- 2 tsp. Tabasco original red pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. the salt we used sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef stock
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
To Make Lamb Chops with Garlic Butter Sauce
- Thoroughly pat lamb chops dry with paper towels, wiping away any possible bone fragments or shards. Slice between ribs to separate chops, cutting into 3/4" or 1" thick even portions.
- Stir together marinade ingredients in a measuring cup: 5 pressed garlic cloves, 3 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp parsley, 2 tsp Tabasco, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and 1/4 tsp thyme.
- Place lamb chops in a non-metal casserole dish, pour over the marinade and rub all sides of lamb chops (focusing on meaty portions) with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 6 to 18 hours.
- Before cooking, let lamb chops sit at room temp 30 min. Heat large heavy pan (we prefer cast iron) over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp oil to the hot pan and once oil is hot, add lamb chops and sear for 3-4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of chops and desired doneness keep in mind temp rises 5 degrees as it rests (see notes). At 3 min per side, the lamb will be medium doneness and at 4 min per side, the lamb will be medium-well to well done.
To make the pan sauce
- Spoon out excess oil from the pan (leave in 1 to 2 Tbsp oil), being careful not to remove the drippings and flavourings.
- Add 1/2 cup stock and simmer 2 min. Turn off heat then swirl in 2 Tbsp softened butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Spoon sauce over lamb chops and garnish with more parsley if desired.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Natashas Kitchen for the recipe link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHket6wQ0bU&feature=youtu.be