How to prepare Herb and Mustard-Crusted Lamb Rack?
Buy Product(s): NZ Premium Grassfed 2 Lamb Racks Cap Off Frenched
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1hr 10 mins
- 1 cleaned 8-rib lamb rack (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig each of rosemary, sage, and marjoram
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon fennel pollen (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Chop up the garlic and herbs in the food processor. When they are well chopped, add the mustard and purée until a smooth paste forms.
- Smear the paste over the exterior of the lamb and place on a roasting pan. Season liberally with sea salt and roast for 15 minutes at 450° F. Turn the oven down to 325° F and cook for 30 to 40 minutes more, or until a meat thermometer registers 130 to 140° for rare to medium-rare. Let the roast rest for 15 minutes before carving and serving.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Sara Jenkins for the recipe link is https://f52.co/2QJaZ17