How to prepare Lamb Pitas?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 25 mins
½ cup(70 g) finely grated carrot (about 1 carrot)
⅓ cup(25g) fresh sourdough or wholemeal breadcrumbs
350 g lamb mince
2 tbsp. finely chopped mint
1 tbsp. honey
1small clove garlic, crushed (optional)
1 tsp. ground cumin
sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
12 mini pita bread
¾ cup(210 g) store-bought tzatziki dip or natural Greek-style (thick) yoghurt
1cucumber, finely chopped
- Place the carrot in a big bowl and, using the back of a wooden spoon, press it to bring out the juice. Add the breadcrumbs and mix until they’re soft from the juicy carrot.
- Add the lamb, mint, honey, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. With clean hands or a spatula, mix everything really well to combine.
- Shape 1 heaped tablespoon of the mixture into a ball. Thread it onto a small skewer and mould it to make an oval shape. Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 10–12 skewers.
- Place the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the skewers, in batches, for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Top each pita with tzatziki, cucumber and a lamb skewer. Serve with lemon wedges and a simple tomato salad, if you like.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank SBS Food for the recipe link is https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/lamb-pitas