Preparation Time: 45 mins
Cooking Time: 60 mins
- Pappadums, to serve
- Coriander, to garnish
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 eschallot, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 red capsicum, halved lengthways
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 quantity curry paste
- 400g can coconut milk
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 large mango, pureed
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 100g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 small cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- To make the curry paste, dry fry spices in a small frying pan over low heat until fragrant. Transfer to a processor with remaining ingredients and process to form a smooth paste.
- To make curry, place capsicum on an oven tray, cut side down.
- Cook under a hot grill until skin blisters and blackens. Turn and cook for a further 1 minute or until tender.
- Place in a bowl and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Stand for 10 minutes. Peel and discard skin. Coarsely chop capsicum.
- Place curry paste in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for about 15 minutes or until soft and fragrant. Whisk in coconut milk, stock and mango puree. Stir in carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring often, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- To make cauliflower rice, process cauliflower in small batches until finely chopped. Spread onto prepared tray in a thin layer. Drizzle or spray with oil and toss to coat evenly. Season.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until tender, tossing halfway through.
- Add chicken and zucchini to curry sauce. Simmer until chicken is almost cooked through and vegetables are almost tender. Stir in snow peas and capsicum. Remove from heat and stand covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken and cauliflower rice with pappadums. Garnish with coriander.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank My Kitchen Rules for the recipe link is https://mkr.7plus.com.au/lisa-johns-mango-chicken-curry-with-cauliflower-rice?category=Chicken