HOW TO PREPARE MONKFISH COCONUT CURRY SOUP?
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro stems, plus leaves for serving
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste,
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) light coconut milk
- 8 ounces clam juice (or chicken stock as an alternative)
- 600gms monkfish fillet, skinned & boned, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Thai chilli thinly sliced, for serving
- Cooked rice, for serving (optional)
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, ginger, & cilantro stems & season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender & golden. Add curry paste cook for about 1 minute. Add vinegar bring to boil for 1 minute. Add coconut milk & clam juice then bring to a simmer.
- Generously season fish with salt & pepper; stir into pan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook at a simmer, stirring gently a few times, until just cooked through but the fish is not falling apart, approx 4 minutes.
- Serve: Take Bowl add in cooked rice (optional) then ladle the soup and top with cilantro leaves and chili to taste.