How to prepare Monkfish in Tomato-Garlic Sauce?
Buy Product(s): Ocean Catch New Zealand Monkfish Boneless And Skinless Fillet
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads of garlic plus 4 large cloves, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Eight 6-ounce cleaned monkfish fillets, about 2 inches thick
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large skillet, warm 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Add the sliced garlic and cook slowly over very low heat, shaking the skillet, until the garlic is deep golden, 15 minutes. Remove about 1/4 cup of garlic slices to a plate and reserve. Add the paprika to the garlic in the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cook over moderately high heat for 1 minute. Add the water and simmer until the sauce has reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a very large skillet, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat until browned on the bottom, 2 minutes. Turn the fish, transfer to the oven, and roast until just cooked through 15 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a large, warmed platter. Pour any juices from the skillet into the sauce and simmer for 2 minutes. Spoon the sauce onto plates and set the fish on top. Scatter the fried garlic over the fish and serve right away.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Food & Wine for the recipe link is https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/monkfish-in-tomato-garlic-sauce