How to prepare Orange & Monkfish Salad?
Buy Product(s): Ocean Catch New Zealand Monkfish Boneless And Skinless Fillet
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 600g (1.3 lbs.) monkfish, filleted and cut into bite-size pieces
- seasoned flour, for coating
- 150g (10 tbsp.) butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- grated zest of 1 orange and juice of 2
- 30ml (2 tbsp.) honey
- 1 lettuce head, shredded
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- Wash monkfish and pat dry on kitchen paper. Place in a polythene bag with the flour and shake well to coat fish evenly.
- In a large frying pan, melt 60g (4 tbsp) butter. Add the monkfish and fry for 6-8 minutes until golden and tender. Remove from pan and keep warm. Add remaining butter to the pan and cook shallots for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the honey, orange zest and juice, stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes to give a dressing consistency.
- Divide the lettuce between 4 serving plates and arrange the fish pieces and orange segments on top. Serve dressing on the side.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Greedy Gourmet for the recipe link is https://www.greedygourmet.com/recipes-by-course/main-course/monkfish-orange-salad/