How to prepare Pan-Seared Marinated Halibut Fillets?
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets, skin removed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil or vegetable oil
- Chopped parsley, for garnish, optional
- In a large sealable plastic bag, combine the 6 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Add fish, seal bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- In a large flat skillet (do not use a ridged pan), pour light olive oil or vegetable oil, tilting pan to spread evenly. Warm over high heat until smoking, then add fish fillets. Brush top and sides with marinade. Cook until seared, about 3 minutes; turn and sear other side, about 3 more minutes. Brush top and sides with marinade again. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until centers of fillets are just opaque, 2 to 4 minutes more on each side depending on thickness, brushing with marinade as before. Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank James Beard's Theory & Practice of Good cooking for the recipe link https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013187-pan-seared-marinated-halibut-fillets