How to prepare Pork Shoulder & Mushrooms Red Wine Stew?
Buy Product(s): Hormone Free Pork Collar/Shoulder Rindless Steak
Preparation Time: 2 hrs
Cooking Time: 1 hrs 40 mins
- 1kg Chilled Shoulder Butt (cut into 2 inches)
- 100g Chopped carrots
- 100g Chopped onions
- 100g Chopped celery
- 200g Chopped apples
- 300g Brown mushrooms (cut into halves)
- 1 tin Tomato paste (170g)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- 200ml Red wine
- 2 tbsp Plain flour
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sear and brown Chilled Shoulder Butt in a Dutch oven pot heat with olive oil. Season to taste with salted and pepper. Set seared pork shoulder aside.
- In the same pot sauté onions, carrots and celery. Add in brown mushrooms and chopped apples, sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire, plain flour, salt and pepper to taste.
- Deglaze the pot with 200ml red wine.
- Add the seared pork shoulder back to the pot and mix well.
- Add 500ml chicken stock and 2 bay leaves.
- Bring to boil and cover the pot with lid, place the Dutch oven pot in a 160 °C oven and cook for 1.5 hours.
- Serve once pork shoulder becomes tender.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank the MEATMEN for the recipe link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhcXbh7vDAs&feature=youtu.be