How to prepare Rib Eye Roast?
Buy Product(s): Australian Wagyu striploin (sirloin) Roast
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 2 hrs
- 1 (5-pound) boneless beef rib eye roast
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coarse Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic (pressed)
- Gather ingredients.
- Put a seasoned cast iron skillet in the oven. Preheat the oven to 500 F.
- Combine the black pepper, salt, and garlic; rub all over the roast.
- Carefully, with potholders or oven mitts, remove the skillet to a metal rack. Put the roast in the skillet.
- Return the skillet to the oven and roast at 500 F for 25 minutes. Reduce the heat to 325 F and continue roasting for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the roast reaches 130 F to 140 F for rare to medium-rare on a thermometer or oven probe inserted into the centre of the meat.
- Remove from the oven, tent loosely with foil, and let the roast rest for 20 minutes.
- Carve and serve.