How to prepare Roast Boneless Leg of Lamb With Herbs and Garlic Stuffed?
Buy Product(s): NZ Premium Grassfed Boneless Lamb Leg Roasts
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hrs 25 mins
- 1 5-pound boneless leg of lamb
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs of fresh sage
- 1 garlic clove peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Coarse sea salt
- Heat the oven to 375 F. Lay the lamb out flat, cut-side up, on a clean surface. Sprinkle the meat with kosher salt and pepper, then arrange half of the thyme, rosemary, and sage and all of the garlic on the meat. Roll the meat around the herbs and tie with twine at 1 1/2-inch interval.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet or roasting pan over medium heat until it slides easily across the pan. Salt and pepper the outside of the lamb, then brown it on all sides, about 25 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Cook the lamb for about 45 minutes. Add the butter and remaining herb sprigs and continue cooking the lamb, basting occasionally, for about 15 minutes. (The lamb is medium-rare when a thermometer inserted in the centre indicates an internal temperature of 125 F.) Remove the lamb from the oven, cover loosely with foil, and allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve sprinkled with coarse sea salt.