How to prepare Salmon Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce and Spinachcase?
Buy Product(s): Fresh Australian Premium Huon Salmon Whole Fillet Skin-On
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 5 oz spinach fresh
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz penne
How to sear salmon
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Season salmon fillets with salt.
- When the oil is hot, add salmon fillets flesh side down (skin side up). Sear for about 4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Flip the salmon fillets to the other side (skin side down). Sear for another 4 or 5 minutes on medium heat until salmon is flaky.
- Remove salmon from the skillet.
How to make a cream sauce
- To the same, now empty, skillet, add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and minced garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add fresh spinach, and continue cooking and stirring until the spinach wilts, for a couple of minutes.
- To the skillet with sautéed vegetables, add 1 cup of heavy cream, paprika, red pepper flakes. Bring to simmer. Simmer for about 1 minute, stirring. Season with salt. Add more paprika, if you like.
- Cook penne according to package instructions. Drain.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the cream sauce. Stir in.
- Remove skin from the salmon by sliding the fork between the salmon fillet and the skin.
- Slice salmon into large chunks.
- Add salmon chunks to the creamy pasta. Stir to combine. Simmer for a minute or more, until the salmon is warmed up and cooked through. The salmon should be flaky.
- Season with salt, if needed.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Julia's Album for the recipe link https://juliasalbum.com/salmon-pasta-with-sun-dried-tomato-cream-sauce/