HOW TO PREPARE SALT AND PEPPER PORK BELLY!
EU HORMONE FREE PORK BELLY RIND-ON (1KG)
Preparation Time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 90 mins / Serving: 4
1 EU HORMONE FREE PORK BELLY RIND-ON (1KG)
1 tbsp salt I used smoked salt
2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/430°F & place a wire rack in a roasting tray.
2. Score the skin of the pork belly with a very sharp knife, taking care not to cut through to the meat.
3. Rub the skin & meat of the pork belly with a generous seasoning of salt & pepper.
4. Place the pork belly on the wire rack & place the tray in the oven.
5. Roast the belly for 30 minutes at 220°C/430°F then turn the temperature down to 160°C/320°F & allow to roast for another 25 minutes per 500g (1lb) until it reads 62°C/145°F on a meat thermometer.
6. When the pork belly is cooked, remove from the oven then cover with foil & allow to rest for at least 10 minutes but up to one hour.
7. When the belly has rested, carve the meat then serve.