How to prepare Sausage & Butter Bean Stew?
Buy Product(s): US Premium Guinness Beer Brats
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 16 chipolatas (try chorizo ones for a bit of chilli heat)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 600ml chicken stock
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained
- 75g butter, cubed
- Small pack parsley, leaves picked and chopped
- 2 lemons, zested
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Gently heat the oil in a large pan. Fry the sausages all over until brown, then remove and set aside. Add the onion to the pan and fry for 5-10 mins until golden and soft, then add the celery, garlic and rosemary, and cook for 2 mins more. Pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins, then add the sausages back to the pan along with the butter beans. Simmer for 8 mins, and then stir in the butter, parsley and lemon zest. Ladle into bowls and serve to pipe hot with lots of chunky bread.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank BBC Good Food for the recipe link is https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sausage-butter-bean-stew