Buy Product(s): Wild Catch US Scallops
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 2 shallots, peeled and roughly chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 24 dry-packed scallops (about 11/4 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Combine shallots, garlic, parsley, tarragon, oregano, salt, and olive oil in a food processor; pulse to form a paste. Place scallops in a large bowl, add half of the shallot mixture (about 1/4 cup) and toss gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 20 minutes or up to 8 hours. Stir lemon juice into remaining half of shallot mixture, and set aside.
- Thread 3 scallops onto each of 8 (6-inch) wooden skewers. Lightly coat griddle with canola oil, and heat over high until it is smoking hot. Place skewers on the griddle, and cook, undisturbed until scallops develop a crust, about 3 minutes. Flip skewers, and turn off the heat. Allow scallops to sit until just cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Drizzle reserved shallot mixture over top of scallops. Bring sizzling, sauced scallops to the table right on the griddle.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Cooking Light for the recipe link https://www.cookinglight.com/recipes/seared-scallops-with-shallot-herb-sauce
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Michelin Star-quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.