How to Prepare Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli?
Buy Product(s): NZ Premium Grass-Fed Striploin Steaks
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 4 hrs 30 mins
- 2 lb sirloin steak(905 g), or boneless beef chuck roast, sliced thin
- 1 cup beef broth(240 mL)
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce(120 mL)
- ¼ cup brown sugar(55 g)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- white rice, cooked, for serving
- In the insert of the crockpot, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, and brown sugar.
- Place slices of beef in the liquid and toss to coat.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, whisk together cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Pour into the crockpot, add the broccoli and gently stir to combine.
- Cover with lid and cook 30 minutes to cook broccoli and thicken the sauce.
- Serve with warm white rice.