How to prepare Tomato and Smoked Salmon Pasta?
Buy Product(s): Scottish Premium Smoked Salmon
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 8 ounces dried pasta, such as perciatelli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, preferably a fruity variety
- 1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, put through a garlic press or very finely chopped and pressed with the side of a knife blade
- 2 medium to large ripe tomatoes (12 to 16 ounces), coarsely chopped, with their juices
- 1-ounce cream cheese
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup torn or chopped basil leaves, packed
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the pasta, cook according to the package directions and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for about 10 seconds, then add the tomatoes and their juices. Increase the heat to medium-high; cook the tomatoes for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they soften, then use a wooden spoon to break up the pieces and mash them down a little. When the tomatoes and their liquid begin to bubble gently around the edges of the skillet, cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cream cheese, stirring until it has melted. Add the smoked salmon, season with pepper to taste and stir to Remove from the heat.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce, toss to coat and let the pasta soak in the sauce for a moment. Stir in the basil, sprinkle with Parmesan to taste and serve.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank The Washington Post for the recipe link https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/tomato-and-smoked-salmon-pasta/12883/