Buy Product(s): Australian Wagyu Striploin Steaks
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- ½ large daikon, peeled
- 300 g wagyu sirloin steak, at room temperature
- 2 cm cube solid wagyu fat
- 1 piece wasabi
- 125 ml(½ cup) sake
- 60 ml(¼ cup) mirin
- 500 ml(2 cups) good-quality soy sauce
- 15 cm square piece kombu
- 3 g bonito flakes
- Standing time 2 days
- You will need to begin this recipe 2 days ahead.
- To make the tosa joyu, heat the sake and mirin in a saucepan and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and immediately add the soy sauce, kombu and bonito flakes. Stand overnight, then strain through fine cheesecloth. Transfer the sauce to a sterilised glass bottle and stand for another night. (The sauce will mellow, mature and improve in flavour for months after bottling.)
- Finely grate the daikon and transfer to a bowl. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the steak well with salt. Heat a heavy-based frying pan until smoking hot. Rub the pan with a little wagyu fat. Cook the steak on both sides until medium-rare. Rest for 5 minutes in a warm, draft-free place. Slice the steak and transfer to a warmed plate.
- Slice the lemon. Grate the wasabi and place a pile on top of the lemon slice. Lightly squeeze excess moisture from the daikon and place the grated daikon on the lemon next to the wasabi. Serve with the tosa joyu for dipping.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank SBS Food for the recipe link https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/wagyu-steak-wasabi-and-tosa-joyu
Aussie Meat is thrilled to announce the Referrals & Rewards Program for all our Aussie Meat Lovers. You and your friends and family can enjoy the benefits by simply Refer a friend and receive HKD50 OFF on your next purchase, and your friend will receive HKD100 OFF on their first purchase. The great news is that you can KEEP referring and earning the rewards.
Aussie Meat is The Australian Meat Brand. We deliver Michelin Star-quality Meat, Ocean-catch Seafood, Wine and BBQ Grills across Hong Kong, 5 days per week. Owned and operated by Australians, we deliver finest quality meat which is grass fed, organic, naturally farmed, hormone and antibiotic free meat and ocean-catch seafood from Australian, New Zealand and global farmers jet fresh to your home or office. We understand the value in giving back, our Eat For Charity Program #eat4charityhk donates 5% of our profits towards HK charities.