How to Sous Vide Prime Rib?
Preparation Time: 45mins
Cooking Time: 6 hours
- 3-pound bone-in beef ribeye roast
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon green peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoons dried celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried garlic powder
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1 quart beef stock (low-sodium if using store-bought)
- 2 egg whites
- Generously season the beef with kosher salt and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour (and up to 12 hours).
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 132°F (55.5°C).
- Place beef in a large Ziplock or vacuum bag, seal, and place in the water bath. Set the timer for six hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F / 218°C. Remove the beef from the bag, reserving the cooking liquid, and pat dry.
- Whisk together the peppercorns, celery seeds, garlic powder, and rosemary.
- Brush top and sides of roast with egg white, season with salt, and coat with spice mixture
- Place beef on a sheet ban with baking rack and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is dark golden brown. Remove the roast from the oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
- While the roast rests, in a large sauce pan, bring the sous vide cooking liquid and beef stock to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced by half. Skim off and discard any solids that float to the top.
- Carve the roast, trimming off the rib bones and slicing into six equal portions.
- Serve with beef jus.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Jeff Akin (Feed Me Creative) from Anovaculinary.com for the recipe, link is https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/recipe/print/sous-vide-prime-rib