HOW TO PREPARE ASIAN GLAZED BAKED BARRAMUNDI!
OCEAN CATCH BARRAMUNDI FISH FILLETS BONELESS AND SKIN-ON (FROM 350G)
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 25 mins / Serving: 4
2 x OCEAN CATCH BARRAMUNDI FISH FILLETS BONELESS AND SKIN-ON (FROM 350G)
4 tsp cornflour / cornstarch
2 tbsp water
5 tbsp soy sauce , all-purpose or light soy sauce
4 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Chinese black vinegar or rice vinegar
1 tbsp mirin
1 tsp sambal oelek , or other Asian chilli paste / sauce
1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
1 clove garlic , finely minced
1 tsp ginger , finely grated
1/4 tsp Sichuan pepper , or white pepper
Green spring onions
Large red chilli, finely sliced
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F (160°C fan). Line a tray with parchment/baking paper. Place shelf in middle of oven.
2. Cornflour slurry: Mix water & cornflour in a small bowl and stir.
3. Make glaze: Place remaining glaze ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add cornflour slurry then stir well. Cook it for a further 2 minutes until it thickens into a thick paste – thick enough so it stays on the fish when brushed on. If it is just a thick syrup, it will slide off the fish.
4. Brush glaze on Fish: Place fish fillets on tray. Dab/brush paste on on the top and sides.
5. Bake then broil/grill: Bake fish for 15 minutes. Then flick to broiler/grill on high, & cook for 3 minutes to caramelise the surface. Target an internal temperature of 55°C/131°F for medium, which is just cooked but not raw at all. Fish temperature will continue to rise to 58°C/136.5°F during resting.
6. Garnish: Remove from oven, transfer to serving plates & rest for 5 minutes.
7. Garnish with green onion, chillies & sesame seeds, as desired. Add a side of Rice.