How to prepare Creamed Spinach With Parmesan Cheese?
EUROPEAN ORGANIC CHOPPED SPINACH (400G)
Preparation Time: 12 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 16 to 20 ounces frozen spinach (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Optional: salt (to taste)
- Optional: freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Thaw the frozen spinach in a colander and squeeze it with your hands to get as much moisture out as possible. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan or saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté, stirring, until it is softened and aromatic.
- Whisk the flour into the butter and garlic; stir until blended. Cook, stirring, for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the milk and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- Add the spinach and Parmesan cheese and then add the nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Stirring constantly, continue cooking over low heat for 5 minutes or until spinach is tender and hot.
- Serve and enjoy
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Diana Rattray from TheSpruceEats.com for the recipe, link is https://www.thespruceeats.com/creamed-spinach-with-parmesan-cheese-3061231