HOW TO PREPARE FESTIVE WARMING LAMB STEW & POTATOES!
NZ PREMIUM GRASSFED LAMB SHOULDER, ROAST TIED BONELESS (FROM 1.16KG)
Preparation Time: 25 mins / Cook Time: 105 mins / Serving: 6
1 X NZ PREMIUM GRASSFED LAMB SHOULDER, ROAST TIED BONELESS (FROM 1.16KG), cubed into 1" pieces
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
2 stalks celery, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
6 cup beef broth
1 cup red wine
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
2 bay leaves
2 lb. baby potatoes, halved
1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Cut the lamb into approx 1" pieces.
2. In a large casserole oven pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add lamb & cook on all sides until seared, 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. In the same pot, cook onion, carrots, & celery until soft, 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. Add garlic, tomato paste, cumin, & paprika & cook until garlic is fragrant & tomato paste has darkened, 2 minutes.
4. Add lamb back to the casserole pan then add broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, & bay leaves.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Season with salt & pepper. Cover & let simmer until lamb is tender, 30 minutes.
6. Add potatoes & simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender & stew has thickened, 30 minutes.
7. Remove bay leaves & rosemary & garnish with parsley before serving.