How to prepare Garlic Basil Barramundi Skillet with Tomato Butter Sauce?
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh torn basil and fresh minced parsley
- generous pinch of salt, freshly cracked pepper
- 4–6 tomatoes, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 12-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 12–16 ounces barramundi (or your favorite white fish), thawed
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- MARINATE TOMATOES AND BEANS: Combine olive oil, garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, tomatoes and their juices, and white beans in a small bowl. Set aside to marinate while cooking the fish (although the longer they marinate, the yummier your sauce will be).
- FISH: Heat a quick swish of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Pat the fish dry, season with salt and pepper, and pan-fry on each side for about 4 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- SAUCE: Add the tomato white bean mixture to the skillet and add the butter. Bring to a low simmer – the sauce should start to thicken. Add the chicken broth as needed to thin it out. Season with salt and pepper. When the sauce is velvety and loose enough to evenly coat the back of a spoon, add the fish back in. Spoon the sauce over top of the fish and serve. Goes perfectly with a green salad and crusty bread.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Lindsay from Pinch of Yum for the recipe link is https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/southwestern-fish-tacos/