HOW TO PREPARE LAMB CUTLETS WITH CHILLI & BLACK OLIVES?
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15/20 mins
- 4 lamb rib chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus 2 tbsp, for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small lemon, zest & juice
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 8 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Place the chops in a large dish so that they all fit in a single layer.
- Pour over the two tablespoons of oil & add the garlic, chilli, oregano, lemon zest and juice. Sprinkle the salt over & add the olives. Leave for 5 mins & turn to ensure both sides are marinated leave for 15 mins.
- Heat a large frying pan add two tablespoons of oil, remove marinate bits (save the marinade) & put the lamb cutlets in the pan. Fry for a couple of minutes a side on quite a high heat so that they have some colour.
- Turn the heat down to medium & pour the marinade into the pan over the colored chops. Add two tablespoons or so of water so that they cook in a little liquid.
- Cook for about five minutes for rare cutlets or a little longer if you like your lamb well cooked.
- Transfer the lamb to a serving plate, pour over the juices from the pan & sprinkle with the chopped red chilli.
Serve with your choice of salad & potatoes