How to prepare Moroccan Grilled Lamb/Pork Chops With Garlic, Mint and Spices?
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 lbs./1kg. lamb/pork chops
- 1/4 cup spearmint leaves (fresh chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (fresh chopped)
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves (pressed)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. hot pepper or hot paprika ground
- Gather the ingredients.
- Wash the lamb chops and drain thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the herbs, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and spices. Add the lamb chops and mix well to coat the meat evenly.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the lamb chops. For best results, allow the lamb to marinate for at least five to six hours, or as long as overnight.
- Remove the lamb chops from the fridge and allow the meat to come to room temperature while you heat your grill.
- Lightly oil the grill rack or a grilling basket to prevent the meat from sticking.
- When the coals are hot, arrange the meat on the rack or in the grilling basket without crowding. Plan to cook the lamb chops in batches if necessary.
- Cook the lamb chops for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the cuts of meat. Be careful of flames from fat drippings, which can scorch the meat.
- Serve immediately, or hold the lamb chops warm for a short while by wrapping in aluminum foil and leaving to the side of the grill away from direct heat.