How to prepare Pork Shogayaki (Ginger Pork)
Buy Product(s): HOT POT | HORMONE FREE SPANISH DUROC PORK COLLAR HOT POT SLICES (1LB, 454G)
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 7 mins
- 300 g (10.6oz) pork sliced thinly to 2-3mm (⅛") thick (note 1)
- 2 tsp sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tsp ginger juice (squeeze juice out of grated ginger)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 160 g (5.6oz) shredded cabbage
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 6 broccoli florets
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, cut the connecting tissue (the tissue separating red meat and fat) embedded in the meat. This will prevent the meat from curing when cooked.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sake and 1 teaspoon of ginger juice over the pork slices, coat well and leave for 10 minutes. This will tenderise the meat and removes meaty smell.
- Mix ginger sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a non-stick (preferred) frypan over medium high heat.
- Place the meat in the frypan without overlapping (cook in batches if required) and cook for about 1-2 minutes or until the bottom side is golden and the edges start to cook.
- Turn it over and cook further 1-2 minutes. If cooking in batches, transfer the cooked meat onto a plate and cook the remaining meat.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Return all the cooked meat to the frypan and add the ginger sauce to the pan.
- Cook for about 15-30 seconds, turning the pork slices over to ensure the meat is coated with the sauce. When the sauce is reduced to about 1-2 tablespoons (note 3), turn the heat off.
- Place the vegetables on one side of the plate. Place pork slices and pour the sauce in the frypan over the pork.
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Yumiko for the recipe link is https://japan.recipetineats.com/pork-shogayaki-ginger-pork/