HOW TO PREPARE WAGYU BEEF STEAK WITH PUMPKIN AND LENTIL SALAD?
Preparation Cook Time: 30 mins
- 2 x AUSTRALIAN WAGYU STRIPLOIN STEAK
- 2 cups-pumpkin-diced and roasted in olive oil
- 1 small red onion-thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cans lentils
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic-crushed
- 2 Tbsp chives-chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley-chopped
- 1 large bowl of mixed salad greens
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts-lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- 80g mild blue cheese-broken into small chunks
- Bring the steak to room temperature and pre-heat the BBQ.
- Season diced pumpkin with a little olive oil, salt & pepper & roast until soft.
- Place sliced onion in a bowl with the red wine vinegar & sea salt.
- Drain & rinse the lentils, then add the onion (and vinegar) & the olive oil, garlic & plenty of black pepper.
- Gently fold through the parsley, chives & roasted pumpkin.
- Dry the steak, season with a little oil & plenty of salt & cook on a hot BBQ to your liking.
- While the steak is resting, toss the salad greens in a little olive oil & balsamic & season with a tiny bit of salt.
- Assemble the salad by laying the greens on a large platter, sprinkling the lentil mixture on top, sprinkling with walnuts, blue cheese & cranberries.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain & serve on top of the salad