How to prepare Halibut Puttanesca?
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 2 halibut fillets
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 20 black olives
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mince garlic and roughly chop the olives and capers. Heat olive oil in a saucepan and add the olives and capers in, too. Saute for about 2 minutes, or until the garlic because soft and fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, season with a little salt (it's already salty because of the olives and capers!), pepper and red pepper flakes. Simmer.
- Take your halibut out of the fridge and place each filet on its own piece of foil. Spoon the sauce over each one, covering all of the meat. Seal the foil into a packet, leaving a little room on top for steam. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
- The sauce should still be simmering at this point. Add most of the chopped parsley, leaving a little bit for garnish.
- Cook your spaghetti or linguine according to the package instructions. When al dente, drain and add to the sauce.
- When your halibut is cooked through/flakes easily, take it out of the oven.
- Serve a plate of pasta and a piece of fish. Garnish with parsley!
Posted by Aussie Meat and for this fabulous recipe, we thank Lake Shore Lady for the recipe link https://www.lakeshorelady.com/halibut-puttanesca-windy-city-live/