HOW TO PREPARE HONEY GARLIC KING SALMON SKIN-ON FILLET?
PREMIUM NEW ZEALAND KING SALMON SKIN-ON FILLET (200G)
Preparation Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 10 mins / Serving: 4
4 x PREMIUM NEW ZEALAND KING SALMON SKIN-ON FILLET (200G)
Salt and pepper, to season
1/2 teaspoon paprika (mild, sweet or smokey)
2 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
4 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, (plus extra to serve)
Lemon wedges to serve
1. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven. Preheat oven to grill settings on medium heat.
2. Season salmon with salt, pepper & paprika. Set aside.
3. Heat the butter in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until melted. Add the garlic & sauté for about a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the honey, water & soy sauce; allow the flavours to heat through & combine. Add in the lemon juice; stir well to combine all of the flavours together.
4. Add the salmon steaks to the sauce in the pan; cook each fillet (skin-side down if there's any skin) for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan juices. Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
5. Optional -- Add the lemon wedges around the salmon.
6. Baste salmon one more time then transfer the pan to your oven to grill for a further 5-6 minutes, or until the tops of the salmon are nicely charred, & the salmon is cooked to your liking.
7. To serve, drizzle with the sauce & a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with steamed vegetables; over rice or with a salad.