Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 2 hrs 50mins
- Beef short ribs
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic
- 2tsp tomato puree
- 1 bottle of red wine
- Beef stock / Chicken stock
- Bacon, chestnut mushroom and parsley for garnishing
- Cut the short ribs alongside the bones and season it with salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil on a cooking pan. Put the ribs into the oil and fry until it's dark and rich in color.
- Slice the garlic into 2 pieces and put them beside the ribs to give it an amazing flavour.
- Add the tomato puree to make the saucy gravy. Pour a whole bottle of red wine and bring the wine to boil and reduce the heat.
- Add the stock (beef / chicken) and cover the pan with aluminum foil. Keep it for 2 and a half hours for about 170° to 180°.
- Paste the cooked garlic and sieve it to make the sauce. Garnish it with fried bacon, mushrooms and parsley.
Posted by Aussie Meat and we thank Gordon Ramsay for the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnxLau7m600&feature=youtu.be/